Baller Stokes & Lide, PC, is a national communications law practice based in Washington, DC. The Firm represents the American Public Power Association, regional and state municipal electric associations, state municipal leagues, local governments, public power systems and their partners across the United States on a broad range of regulatory, administrative, legislative and judicial matters involving telecommunications, cable services, Internet access and other communications services.
Working with teams of legal, engineering, market research and other technical experts, as necessary, Baller Stokes & Lide also furnishes assistance to individual public and private entities in the following areas:
- Comprehensive telecommunications planning and implementation;
- Establishment and optimal utilization of advanced telecommunications systems;
- Identification and evaluation of potential strategic partners and negotiation of cooperative relationships;
- Preparation and integration of right-of-way and zoning ordinances, franchises, licenses, permits, contracts, forms and other related documents;
- Development and negotiation of agreements for leasing communications infrastructure and/or attachments to poles, ducts, conduits and rights of way;
- Drafting and negotiation of original grants, transfers and renewals of cable and telecommunications franchises;
- Preparation of technical, financial and performance audits and reviews; and
- Administration and enforcement of cable and telecommunications franchises.